Friday, November 27, 2009

Google Applications

I was actually really surprised at the wide array of tools that Google offers. I have used the search engine more times than I can count and was completely unaware of the variety of interactive services offered by the company. I have always considered myself “web savvy” but apparently was not very self-aware. It is been predominantly Google applications that we have been exploring; it makes me wonder what else is out there.


I think Google applications are definitely something that I can see myself using in the future. It allows for much easier and more convenient collaboration. The fact that you can alter documents in real-time without meeting face-to-face is beyond convenient and much easier than everyone making changes to an original document and then figuring out how to incorporate all of the changes.


I was really surprised by the variety, convenience, and ease of Google applications and look forward to incorporating them into my future classroom.

6 comments:

  1. I too like the wonderful google docs that allows group editing at your fingertips. It makes life in pajamas so much easier:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google has some great features and can make life easier in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the ease was surprising! I was a bit fearful in trying all of these "new-fangled" tools, but each one impresses me by how comfortable I feel in exploring them. I can only imagine that if I can use them with ease they will be even easier for my students. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Galen I too was unaware of all the awesome interactive technology that was available through Google. I think that there are more tools available through Google that we have not even found yet! I don't think any of us have enough time to find all the features of Google and with how fast things change I'm sure the website has additions constantly. Every person should have to take a class on just Google and how the features can help us become better teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not sure what error I am making but my screen said that I published a comment but then it doesn't show up. Is there an approval function that I am unaware of? Besides the point, I agree that Google has more functionality then ever could be known. I think that we all should take a class just in Google. What fun we could all have figuring out how to use the fantastic website!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have learned about a lot of tools this semester, and it makes me wonder what other great things are out there to use.

    ReplyDelete